Crewe’s new Lifestyle Centre is a modern leisure facility and community hub. Opened in 2016, it will bring together in one place, modern adult social and leisure facilities.
The Centre will enhance the health and well-being of the people in the local area and help create a healthy future for Crewe.
The site chosen for the Lifestyle Centre was within the new, exciting Civic and Cultural Quarter of Crewe and is a key part of the wider regeneration of the town centre of Crewe.
- A 25-metre, 8 lane, local competition standard swimming pool with (disabled) accessible entry and exit lift and spectator seating
- 17m small pool with (disabled) accessible entry and exit lift
- Separate changing facilities for wet and dry leisure use with dedicated changing places facilities in the wet changing area for customers with disabilities
- Café and pool viewing area
- 2 floor library with community space
- A multi-function sports hall with adjacent studio space which can be used as breakout rooms
- Fitness suite and fitness studios
- Specialist day service facilities – catering for adults with a wide range of needs including autism, sensory impairment and complex medical needs
- Enhanced sporting opportunities for individuals; mainly young people, with physical, sensory or learning disabilities
- Shared reception with communal facilities for use by other community groups for functions, parties and exhibitions.
LATICRETE’s expertise was focused in the wet areas where, where to the consternation of the applicator, a requirement for EPOXY GROUT was reluctantly deemed necessary by the architect; after technical demonstrations with both the contractor and tiler on site, LATICRETE SpectraLOCK Pro Premium was chosen as the grout of choice for its HIGH Performance and ease of application. This coupled with the LATICRETE ‘flagship’ adhesive, Platinum 254 provided the perfect solution.
“……..it’s less about the cost of the product, much more about the opportunity for speed of application and the peace of mind that LATICRETE products give you; I am very impressed!”